The Garden City Area Chamber of Commerce is maintaining a list of businesses and government agencies that have changed their hours of operations and operating procedures to accommodate social distancing standards as set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Finney County offices are closed to the public until April 6. A list of county office closures is below.
Below is a list of some of those closures/changes:
- American State Bank & Trust - Lobby closed. Drive-thru available.
- Board of Realtors - Wednesday Luncheon canceled.
- Catholic Charities – Open by appointment only.
- Chamber of Commerce – Closed through March 31.
- Commerce Bank – Drive-thru service only at all branch locations, until further notice.
- Dillons East – Indoor dining area closed
- Garden City Arts – All programs temporarily canceled until April 7.
- Garden City Recreation Commission – March and April events canceled. Youth soccer, officials clinic, women’s volleyball and Big 8 Tournament will be postponed.
- Garden City State Bank - Lobby will not be available after 3/18/2020. Drive thru will remain open.
- Garden City Telegram - Best of the Best event is being rescheduled.
- Finney County Convention and Visitors Bureau – Open by appointment only, 620-276-0607
- Finney County Economic Development – Closed until April 1.
- Finney County Emergency Management - Severe Weather/Storm Spotter Training on March 19th Cancelled.
- Finney County Humane Society - The shelter will be closed to the public. Appointments will be taken for adoptions, reclaims, surrenders and fostering during regular business hours. Staff will continue to care for all animals in the shelter.
- Finney County Public Library – Closing at 6 p.m. until further notice.
- Finney County RSVP – Will shop for elderly individuals who do not want to get out.
- Finney County Senior Center – All activities canceled through at least April 1. Meals on Wheels and Friendship Meals are operating as usual. Meals on Wheels delivered around 11 a.m.; Friendship Meals are served at noon and available to go upon request. Those entering the senior center will be required to undergo a brief screening and sign-in.
- Finney County Transit- Operating regular hours and routes.
- Kansas Children’s Service League – HS/EHS classrooms and home visit closed until March 23. Garden City administrative offices will remain open.
- Landmark National Bank – Lobby will be open by appointment only.
- Lee Richardson Zoo - Under current guidelines, the zoo will continue to offer drive-through and pedestrian access for zoo guests.
- Russell Child Development Center – Closed until March 23.
- Salvation Army – Food bags available and non-perishable food donations accepted. Call first for more information, 620-276-4027.
- Sam's Club - New Operating Hours: Mon-Sat 9 AM - 8 PM. Sun 10 AM - 6 PM
- Walmart and Walmart Neighborhood Market - Starting Thursday, March 19th stores will be open from 7 AM-8:30 PM.
Visit the Garden City Area Chamber of Commerce website for other business closings, cancelled events and other information.
Finney County Office Closures – Effective Friday, March 20, 2020, the following Finney County Offices will be closed to the public until April 6, 2020:
Administrative Center, 311 N. 9th Street, Garden City
Attorney’s Office, 409 N. 9th Street, Garden City; Public Works Building, 101 W. Maple Street, Garden City
Fairgrounds Office, 209 Lake Avenue, Garden City; Community Services Center, 607 W. Santa Fe Street, Garden City
Juvenile Detention Center, 507 W. Santa Fe Street, Garden City
The Finney County Courthouse has also limited court hearings and public access.
This is in response to the community effort to help reduce the risk of spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Finney County. There are currently zero (0) confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Finney County. At this time, County staff will maintain regular working hours and continue providing regular, available services by phone, fax, mail, and online. For services requiring in-person drop-off to offices within the Administrative Center, we will be utilizing the secure drop-box attached to the building, outside the front entrance of the Administrative Center.
A full list of closures is available here.