High Plains Outdoors
Saturday mornings, 11:30 central during Western Swing and Other Things
- Hosted by Luke Clayton
http://www.easttexasluxury.comLuke Clayton invites you to his camp to talk about the great outdoors. Every Saturday morning, during Western Swing and Other Things, he'll be telling hunting and fishing stories, and a whole lot more. You'll learn how to make sausage, cook over a campfire, get some wild game recipes, as well as inside tips on how you can become a more successful outdoorsman.
Luke was raised in very rural Red River County where he grew up hunting and fishing. He began amateurishly writing about his adventures at the age of 12, the accounts of his boyhood outings often filling several pages of his Big Chief tablets.
Luke began writing professionally in his 20s and currently writes an outdoor newspaper column that runs weekly in 45 Texas newspapers. Luke is hunting/shooting columnist for Texas Wildlife Magazine and writes regular features for several other outdoor magazines, including Airgun Hobbyist, where he is also Hunting Editor.
Luke and his good buddy Jeff Rice film and produce a weekly outdoor show, A Sportsman’s Life. Please go to YouTube and subscribe. Radio is a fun endeavor for Luke and his shows are known for his relaxed and ‘down home’ style.
Luke is on the pro staff of Gearhead Archery, Airforce Airguns, Smokin Tex Electric Smokers, Nielsen Specialty Ammo and Texas Raised Hunting Products.
Luke covered hunting for the current Texas Almanac, one of the oldest and most revered publications in the state.
With almost 30 years under his belt as an outdoors writer, Luke has no intention of slowing down anytime soon. He continues to love the lifestyle that has been so fulfilling throughout his life.
Support for High Plains Outdoors comes from the following sponsors:
- Since 1972, Dallas Safari Club has been the gathering point for hunters, conservationists, and wildlife enthusiasts. You can find more information about the Dallas Safari Club online at biggame.org.
- Butcher Packer Supply. Everything for the outdoor cook, including a wide range of cures and seasonings for making sausage and jerky.
- AirForce Airguns. Airguns designed to meet a variety of needs. Online at: AirForce.com
- Smokin Tex Electric Smokers. Smoke meat the easy way. Their website is: smokintex.com
- Sitemark. Photon XT scopes for night hunting. Online at www.sightmark.com
- Pyramyd Air. Pyramyd is a one-stop shop for everything airgun related. Online at Pyramydair.com.
- Striper Express on Lake Texoma.
- Texas Raised Hunting Products.
- Mill Creek Ranch Resort, Canton, Texas. Private cabins, RV spots and fishing lakes.
Signature Properties, Your one stop shop for real estate in North East Texas.
Texas Best BBQ Sauce. Luke considers this the gourmet of all BBQ sauces!
Nielsen Specialty Ammo. makes custom slugs for airguns including Airforce Airguns, American Air Arms, Daystate, FX, Edgun and most brands of quality air rifles.