Here are the key 2022 election results from Kansas
It's Election Day! Polls open in Kansas at 7 a.m. CT and close at 7 p.m. CT.
Some counties may choose to open polls earlier and close later. If you are still waiting in line at closing time, you have a right to cast a ballot — stay in line!
Find your polling place and sample ballot at the Kansas Secretary of State’s website.
Find live election results below. Results will begin updating after polls close.
- Kansas voters narrowly reject plan to shift power from the governor to the Legislature
- After losing governor race, Kansas GOP wants to punish lawmakers who backed independent Pyle
- Kansas Republicans will keep a supermajority as Gov. Laura Kelly begins her second term
- Voter turnout in the Kansas City region dropped by double digits since the last midterm election
- Kansans pass constitutional amendment on election, removal of sheriffs
- Conservatives sweep races for seats on Kansas State Board of Education
- Roeland Park mayor Mike Kelly elected next Johnson County chair
- The vote is tight on whether to shift power from the Kansas governor to the Legislature
Key races we're watching
The biggest election in Kansas this year is the governor's race between incumbent Democrat Laura Kelly and Republican challenger Derek Schmidt. There's also a major constitutional amendment ballot issue, proposed by Republicans in the Kansas Legislature, that would limit the governor's regulatory power.
For U.S. Senate, Republican Sen. Jerry Moran is running for reelection against Democrat Mark Holland. And every U.S. House seat is up for a vote, with new lines and voters thanks to redistricting.
Kansas will elect statewide offices from treasurer to secretary of state. KCUR is paying close attention to the Kansas Attorney General's race between Democrat Chris Mann and Republican Kris Kobach, who's attempting a political comeback.
Don't forget about judges: You'll see a number of names up for retention votes on your ballot, including six of seven justices on the Kansas Supreme Court — which could determine how far lawmakers could go to restrict abortion rights under the Kansas Constitution. Here's a guide to making an informed decision when voting for judges.
Live election results
An important note: Results may take a while to come in, and races may not be decided on election night. Be cautious about claims of fraud – documented cases of voter fraud are extremely rare and limited in scope.