© 2021
In touch with the world ... at home on the High Plains
Play Live Radio
Next Up:
0:00 0:00
Available On Air Stations

Donating Stock and Securities

Transferring appreciated stocks and securities to High Plains Public Radio is a great way to make a charitable gift that can benefit you in two ways. When you donate publicly traded stocks to HPPR that have been held long-term (more than one year) you may avoid capital gains taxes. Plus, you may take the full current fair market value of the security (as of the date it is transferred) as a charitable deduction on your income taxes*.

The easiest way to make this kind of gift to HPPR is to have your broker electronically transfer the stock from your account to ours:

  • Brokerage firm: Edward Jones
  • Broker: Preston Jones
  • Alternate contact: Joanne Wasinger, Sr. Branch Office Administrator
  • Phone #: 620-277-7767
  • Address: 1005 North Main Street, Garden City, KS  67846
  • Name on HPPR account: Kanza Society, Inc.
  • HPPR account #: 669-19494-1-3
  • DTC# for securities: 0057
  • ABA# for Treasuries and GNMA securities: 021000018 BK OF NYC/EDJ
  • HPPR’s legal entity: Kanza Society, Inc
  • HPPR Federal Tax ID#: 48-0859735

Once you have arranged a gift of stock, please let us know so we can watch for the transfer, credit your gift in a timely and accurate manner and provide you with a receipt for your donation.  Contact Marva Clark, HPPR Business Manager at 800-678-7444 or mclark@hppr.org.

Thank you for considering make such a gift to HPPR.  Your original financial investment in a stock or security can now become an investment in sustaining and growing public radio service in your community and across the High Plains.

Depreciated Stocks & Securities

You also have the option of using depreciated stocks and bonds to make a charitable gift to benefit High Plains Public Radio. If you sell stocks or bonds and donate the proceeds to HPPR you may be able to take a charitable deduction for the full value of the gift, and take the capital loss on the asset*.


* Please consult your attorney, broker or financial advisor to determine the tax deductions that apply in your case. High Plains Public Radio cannot offer tax advice.