Primary runoff elections will be held across Texas tomorrow.
As The Texas Tribune reports, in more than 30 races statewide, no candidate drew more than 50 percent of the vote. That means Texans will go to the polls to decide between the candidates who placed first and second in those races. The most high-profile race is for which Democratic contender will face off against Gov. Greg Abbott this November.
The contest is now between former Dallas County Sheriff Lupe Valdez, and Texas businessman Andrew White, the son of former Gov. Mark White. There will also be three Republican primary runoffs held in Potter County. The 320th District Judge race will be decided, between Pamela Cook Sirmon and Steven Michael Denny. There is also a runoff in two separate races for County Court-at-law judge. The first contest is between Walt Weaver and Len Walker and the second is between Wade Overstreet and Matt Hand.
Potter County polling places are as follows:
- Randall County Election Administration Office (1604 5th Ave, Canyon)
- Randall County Annex (4320 S. Western)
- Randall County Justice Center (2309 Russell Long Blvd, Canyon)
- Region 16 Education Service Center (5800 Bell Street)
- Comanche Trail Church of Christ (2700 E. 34th)