Help Wanted: Elite Transportation—Drivers & Accounting
Elite Transportation is looking for applicants to fill multipile positions. First, they are looking for Skilled Drivers that have the ability to function well as part of a team. Second, they are looking for an Accounts Receivable Specialist.
Skilled Drivers: You must have very effective organizational and communication skills to service our clientele efficiently. The primary responsibility of the driver is to help meet the needs of customers by delivering and picking up freight in a timely, safe and courteous manner.
· Must hold a valid class B or C driver license
· Must have a driving record in Good Standing. .
· One year of previous delivery driving experience
· Ability to push, pull, and lift up to 100lbs with pallet jack or hand truck
· Professional appearance
· Ability to navigate the state of Kansas efficiently
· Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
· Strong customer service orientation
· Able to communicate effectively with customers and coworkers
· Able to function well as part of a team
· Diligent attention to safety
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Safely transport freight to customer locations in a timely, safe and courteous manner
· Complete pre and post-trip inspections
· Adhere to all safety requirements particular to the equipment, including Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
· Maintain Truck Equipment
· Maintain the service and appearance of truck
· Follow delivery/pickup instructions from Dispatcher and Manager
Physical Demands and Work Environment
· Frequent holding and grasping with the hands when loading and unloading freight using pallet jacks and forklifts.
· Frequent use of foot/feet to operate foot pedal/s on equipment and trucks
· Frequent lifting up to 50 lbs.; occasional lifting up to 100 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 to $35,000.00 /year
Accounts Receivable Specialist: This position is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services. This includes processing and monitoring new and existing accounts, billing/invoicing, claims, and collections.
· Performs day-to-day activities that ensure accurate billing to all customers.
· Reviews open A/R for all assigned accounts and prioritize collection activities to maximize cash collections.
· Communicates via phone conversations, email, fax and letters with customers concerning status of invoice payments.
· Performs reconciliations for assigned accounts to maintain accuracy.
· Follows up on collection calls with customers (external and internal).
· Interfaces with Sales and Operations to resolve billing, collection and credit issues.
· Liaison with cash operations regarding cash application specialist to research and reconciles misapplied or payment issues.
· Resolves all overdue account balances, unassigned cash and payment discrepancies through research, communication and follow up with clients or field operations.
· Monitors changes in customer financial status and payment patterns.
· Audits and maintains customer accounts to make sure terms are accurate and customer profiles have current information.
· Performs other duties as assigned or requested
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time non-exempt position, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position reports to the Director of Finance.
Required Education and Experience
· Minimum of Associates Degree in Accounting required or Two years’ exp.
· Solid understanding of accounting principals
· Demonstrated ability for accuracy, timeliness and thoroughness
· Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
· High level of integrity
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $29,000.00 to $32,000.00 /year