The best wild game barbeque you’ll ever taste
1 of 2
Mmm Mmm Good!
2 of 2
Well folks, today I’m sharing my favorite wild game barbeque. It’s mouth-watering good.
Here’s what you do:
- Liberally coat about 4 bone-in venison steaks and 6-8 pork chops with dry rub.
- Place in aluminum pan, top with 4-5 strips of bacon.
- Place in smoker, preheated to 225 degrees.
- Leave in heavy smoke for one hour, mixing meat around a couple times so all of it gets exposed to the smoke, being careful to keep the bacon on top.
- After an hour, add ½ bottle of your favorite bbq sauce, using a spoon to distribute the sauce evenly, keeping the bacon on top.
- If you’re a jalapeno fan, now’s the time to add 2-3 cleaned and slice on top of the meat with the bacon.
- Wrap tightly with foil, return to smoker with heat reduced to 200 degrees.
- Cook for about 8 hours.
- Remove from smoker.
- Drain all juice.
- Let meat cool enough so you can handle the meat, using clean hands to remove the bones.
- Add fresh barbeque sauce and ENJOY!